Tuesday, February 1, 2011

3/5 Darkhorse "Get Some" cont'd.

http://www.dvidshub.net/news/64348/bazaar-expands-sangin-thanks-afghan-police-efforts

I chose to discuss this article because its based on a topic that really hits home for me, and a lot of people that are closest to me. It talks about how the Marines of 3/5 are persevering in their fight on terror in northern Afghanistan. I have found that many people that I see everyday are so clueless as to the events that are taking place overseas, and neglect to recognize the ultimate sacrifice that so many of our soldiers have given. It was nice to read this article and be able to see the appreciation that citizens in Afghanistan have for the job that the troops are getting accomplished. It was refreshing and I want to be able to spread the word on to the class as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment